The Historical Department
The Historical Department of the Town Museum in Sombor studies and presents the history of Sombor and its surrounding area from the Turkish conquest in the 16th century up to the modern times. The oldest collections have been developing since the foundation of the Historical Society of the Bách–Bodrog District in 1883, when in addition to archaeological and ethnographic objects, diplomas, cards, medals and seals were collected. Nowadays, the department contains approximately 8.000 objects classified in 15 collections. Collections of seals, badges, postcards, as well as the legacy of our famous athletes are of the utmost significance for the history of the town.