At the moment, the Historical collection features around 9.600 items belonging to the political, social, economic, sports and cultural history from the 16th to the 20th century. At the end of the 20th century, the items were classified into 12 collections in accordance with the types of materials:
- Collection of items
- Collection of weaponry and military equipment
- Collection of medals, decorations and plaques
- Collection of maps, plans and personal documents
- Collection of seals
- Collection of posters
- Collection of flags
- Collection of pins
- Collection of photographs
- Collection of postcards
- Collection of SOFK
- Collection of legacies (sport)
The Battle of Batina collection was turned into an independent collection in the restored The Battle of Batina Memorial Museum in 2017.
The Danube Germans collection was formed within the Historical department in 2019, and in 2020 it was turned into an independent collection within the Danube Germans Museum, the annex of the Sombor City Museum.